Wordless Wednesday: Play ball!
LAST NIGHT WE WERE AT THE BALLPARK UNTIL 10:00 PM. It was officially the first game of the season. The stormy weather of this weekend had delayed it on Saturday so there we sat in some of the coldest weather we’ve had during this mild winter. But to look on the field and hear the boys from our team chant, you would have never known it was even chilly. They were fired up for their first game and excited to get started. It seems to me they’ve learned an awful lot in just the few weeks since practice began. William is in a new league, a new team, and with a great positive coach…he’s very happy about the sport right now. I’ll be yelling “Go Cubs!” all season it seems. I’ll love every minute of it.
Donning a glove for a backyard toss, or watching a ball game, or just reflecting upon our baseball days, we are players again, forever young.
They won, by the way, 15-5. William scored a double and then his own run in his first time up at bat. The second time wasn’t as eventful…but that’s the way baseball works. It’s a balance. Not a bad thing for young men to learn.
- Halloween: Teach Your Children Well
- Serving With Your Family: This Warmed My Heart
- My Life, Right Now
- Newbie Notes and Found Pets
- What’s in Your Hotdog? #applegate
- Wordless Wednesday: Days of Madness and Memories
- Easter 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: Two Dancers
- Who is that knocking at my door?
- Boy Fortune versus Girl Fortune